More cut-offs than TK Max
Last night we went to the Council meeting, normally we don't as we work for a living; there were a few fun stories to report. Which we shall do in more detail over the next few days, but just to wet your appetite, here are some of the highlights;
- Cllr Sidhu trying to explain what he does for his cabinet job
- Public petitioners holding up Greenwich Time and asking Labour to follow their headline and "Listen" to them
- AEG explaining that it is now unlikely that there will ever be a casino and therefore other developments at the Dome may not happen (look at what you could've won!)
- Over an hour spent talking about Cllr Webbewood (the Lib Dems have never had so much coverage in the council chamber before)
- The meeting then reached its cut-off point after three and half hours, preventing the Tories from having their whine about lack of childcare facilities in the Borough.
- When cut-off kicked in, which sadly didn't end with the fuss of last November, the opposition groups seemed rightly annoyed, the lot in power just wanted to go home.
- The Council tax base was unable to be talked about, waved through without a word. Will they bother to collect the Council Tax though?